MUSIC 1 - Ani DiFranco - 32 Flavors
Testo:
32 flavors
squints and looks closer
I'm not between you and your ambition are
a poster girl with no poster
are thirty-two flavors and a few others are still
and
beyond your peripheral vision so you might want to turn your head because some day you will
hungry and eat most of the words that you just detto
i miei genitori mi hanno insegnato la buona volontà
e io ho fatto del mio meglio in nome loro
solo la gentilezza che ho prodigato a degli sconosciuti
è più di quanto possa spiegare
eppure ci sono molti che hanno spento la luce del portone
per farmi pensare che non erano in casa
e si sono nascosti nel buio delle finestre
finché me ne sono andata lasciandoli in pace
e che dio ti aiuti se sei brutta
ovvio che essere troppo carina ti frega lo stesso
poiché ciascuno cova un odio segreto per la ragazza più bella della compagnia
e che dio ti aiuti se sei una fenice
e osi risorgere dalle tue ceneri
migliaia di occhi bruceranno di una sorda gelosia
when you come back in flight
'm not trying to make sense of my life and I want to concoct
officially declare that I have done everything I could
I'm not saying I'm a saint
just do not want to live like that, no,
I will never be a saint but I will never stop saying
squints and looks closer
I'm not between you and your ambition are
a poster girl with no poster
are thirty-two flavors and a few others are still
and beyond
your peripheral vision so you might want to turn your head
that one day it may find that you are dying of hunger,
eat every word you said
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment